- S Korea ferry: Bad weather hampers search for survivors According to the BBC, bad weather, murky water and strong currents are hampering the search for survivors of the South Korean ferry disaster. Emergency services are still searching for 287 people missing after the vessel sank. Officials say 179... Read More
- Police HIgh Command claims success in sharp decline in fatal shootings The Police High Command says, the sharp decrease in police fatal shootings is part of a new strategy by the police to use less deadly force when confronted by gunmen, this according to one local news source. Deputy Commissioner of Police in charge... Read More
- Hundreds missing as S Korea ferry sinks According to the BBC, Almost 300 people remain unaccounted for after a ferry carrying 459 people capsized and sank off South Korea. The ferry, carrying mainly school students, was travelling from the port of Incheon, in the north-west, to the... Read More
- EWI granted license to supply power to JPS Energy World International (EWI) has been granted a license to supply electric power to the Jamaica Public Service Company (JPS), this according to one local news source. The country is moving one step closer to what is hoped will be cheaper... Read More
- Entertainers' vehicles seized According to one local entertainment source, two popular entertainers have had their motor vehicles confiscated by the police. One has been identified as reggae crooner, Christopher Martin. The vehicles were reportedly seized as part of a major... Read More
- Obama confronts Putin in call as crisis escalates According to Yahoo News, Presidents Barack Obama and Vladimir Putin confronted one another in telephone talks Monday as a standoff over Ukraine escalated after the CIA chief visited Kiev and a Russian war plane "buzzed" a US destroyer.... Read More
Latest News From The Jamaica Gleaner
A 7.2 magnitude earthquake shook central and southern Mexico on today, sending panicked people into the streets, where broken windows and debris fell.
The St Mary police are still searching for a prisoner who escaped from the Richmond Farm Adult Correctional Centre yesterday.
FIFA president Sepp Blatter wants to see more sporting sanctions used in the fight against racism.
Jamaica's top junior athletes arrived in Martinique last night for the three-day Carifta Games, which begins tomorrow.
Early this morning an avalanche swept down a climbing route on Mount Everest, killing at least 12 Nepalese guides and leaving four missing in the deadliest disaster on the world's highest peak.