Latest News From The Jamaica Gleaner
Transport Minister Dr. Omar Daives today announced that adult fares will move up from $100 to $120. Students will have to $30 up from $20, while the elderly passengers will be charged $60.
The Ministry says the salaries will be credited to the teachers' accounts on Friday of this week instead of tomorrow. The education ministry did not explain why the payment will be a day late.
On August 4, Ferguson ordered an immediate investigation into operational procedures of the hospital after patients reported that the nurses were unprofessional when delivering babies...
This brings the total number of confirmed cases for Jamaica to 17 - 14 from local transmission, two imported and one still under investigation because of the individual's travel history.
English lecturer, Dr Carol Clarke, is to be appointed interim president of The Mico University College.
- US Ebola patient Kent Brantly 'thrilled to be alive One of the US aid workers who recovered from an Ebola infection is "thrilled to be alive" as he and another patient are discharged from hospital. Dr Kent Brantly, 33, thanked supporters for their prayers at a news conference in Atlanta.... Read More
- Murder victims now identified The names of the four persons shot and killed in the community of Venecia, near Linstead in St. Catherine on Wednesday night have been released. They are 20 years old Shauna-Kaye Simpson, 30 years Garfield Simpson, 27 years old Ricodel Jackson, a... Read More
- Music site SoundCloud to start paying artistes SoundCloud says it will start paying artistes and record firms whose music is played on the popular streaming site. Berlin-based SoundCloud boasts some 175 million unique listeners a month, but so far those who upload tracks to the site haven’... Read More
- Subianto appeal denied as Indonesia court backs Widodo win Indonesia's top court has upheld Joko Widodo's victory in July's presidential elections, rejecting an appeal against the result by defeated candidate Prabowo Subianto. The constitutional court unanimously agreed to reject the appeal. Mr... Read More
- Portland fire fighters hampered by lack of equipment as bush fire threatens homes The Portland fire service has been working from Tuesday evening to avert the loss of homes at the Woodstock Housing Scheme in Buff Bay, as raging bush fires in the hills creep close to built up areas. However, the job is highly compromised as there... Read More
- Ron Kenoly for Come Celebrate Jesus INTERNATIONALLY renowned minister and gospel artiste Ron Kenoly will headline the third staging of Come Celebrate Jesus, to be held at the Montego Bay Convention Centre in Rose Hall on Saturday, October 4. The Lift Him Up singer is expected to... Read More