Latest News From The Jamaica Gleaner
The doctor, who returned from Guinea more than a week ago and was monitoring his own health, was rushed by ambulance to Manhattan's Bellevue Hospital, after reporting he had a 103-degree fever.
The police say the four men are being questioned by investigators. Last night eight people were shot, three fatally, on St. John's Road, Kingston 2.
It is reported that three people were aboard the six-wheel truck when it overturned while the driver was attempting to maneuver a corner.
The doctor has been taken to the Bellevue Hospital and has been undergoing tests. Test results are expected within 12 hours.
A St Elizabeth woman accused of stabbing a woman she believed was involved with her common-law husband was yesterday remanded into custody after she appeared in court.
- Liberian passenger tested for Ebola after flight to New Jersey A Liberian man who travelled by air into New Jersey, USA yesterday, was taken to hospital after he was reportedly exposed to Ebola. The man travelled by air from Liberia to Brussels, and took a connecting flight to New Jersey, when he developed a... Read More
- Police named person of interest following shooting of three children on the weekend olice have named a person of interest as they continue their probe into the shooting of two sisters and a teenage boy in Downtown Kingston on Monday evening. He's Jevaughn Warren otherwise known as "Kadeen" of Oxford Street Kingston 14... Read More
- Holt remembered THE life, music and legacy of veteran Jamaican artiste, John Holt, was the topic of conversation at National Honours and Awards ceremony at King's House in St Andrew, yesterday. Holt died in the Wellington Hospital in London early Monday morning... Read More
- US Government issues new Ebola protection guidelines The United States has issued stringent protocols for health workers treating Ebola victims, directing medical teams to wear protective gear that leaves no skin or hair exposed. Under the new protocols, issued on Monday, Ebola health care workers... Read More
- 'Axeman' Walters vs Donaire in pictures Nicholas 'Axeman' Walters stopped Philippine-born Nonito Donaire with a second left in the sixth round, winning the WBA featherweight title Saturday night. Walters, a fairly unknown fighter from Jamaica, punctuated his breakthrough... Read More
- North Korea frees detained US citizen Jeffrey Fowle Jeffrey Fowle, one of three US citizens detained in North Korea, has been released, US officials say. State department spokeswoman Marie Harf confirmed that Mr Fowle is on his way home on today following negotiations. She said the US was working to... Read More